Monday, June 28, 2010

6.28.10 Life in NYC

It's time again for another round-up of the photos I've taken over the last week or two. I've been up to a lot of exciting things, so let's get to it.

:: Library ::





Yes, I consider the library exciting, especially when it looks like this in the stairwell.

:: Washington Square Park ::





I love sitting in Washington Square Park, because you never know if you're going to see a man fold himself into a tiny box or do crazy handstand tricks, like we did Thursday night.

:: New York Pier ::





On Friday night, my friends and I walked down to the pier overlooking Hoboken. I didn't bring a tripod so I could only get blurry, light stock-ish photos. But trust me that it was really beautiful in real life.



A really cool infographic showing the location of historic bells throughout the city.

:: Bubble Battle ::



On Saturday, Robyn, Erica, and I went to Times Square for the BUBBLE BATTLE, which consisted of several hundred people blowing bubbles at each other. You can see video from the ordeal here but I didn't take many photos since my hands were covered in sticky bubble solution.

:: Coney Island ::







On Sunday my two friends and I went to Coney Island for the day. I haven't been to a beach in about two or three years so it was so nice to just relax and play around in the ocean, even though I did end up with a very annoying sunburn in random places where I didn't manage to get sunscreen. I also ate my very first corn dog in honor of Hank Green. It was delicious but not something I'd want to eat more than maybe once a month, since I could just taste the fat and grease and general unhealthiness.

:: Random New York ::







I'm not really an architecture enthusiast, but some of the buildings in New York are really beautiful.



Multitasking.



Nighttime in the city.



It's a little baby street. So cute.



And finally, I love little picturesque houses like this, where everything is beautifully color coordinated. May I please live there?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Isn't the area around Little West 12th Street so pretty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Multitasking" haha that is perfect. And that house in the picture looks too good to be true. Are you sure you didn't set that shot up in a studio? :P

    ReplyDelete