Monday, January 4, 2010

Site updates

After meaning to be finished pretty much every day since December 27th, I've finally finished updating my site with all my work from Fall semester. A lot of it I've posted here before, but some of it is final projects which most of you haven't seen yet. I'll post below some of my favorite new pieces and some information about them, but be sure to poke around on the site a bit more if you want to see everything.

Map of the Cereal Aisle:

For the second final project in Making Meaning, we had to make a series of three maps, one objective, one subjective, and one that can be a mix of the two. I decided to map the cereal aisle in the grocery store. In the first one, I tried to present cost and sugar content in an easy to read way. The second is an abstract composition of what jumped out at me while looking at the mess of colors and logos and cartoon characters that is found in the cereal aisle. In the third, I tried to present the location and ingredients of the different brands in an aesthetically pleasing way while trying to recreate the difficulty of finding what you need while standing in the actual store.

Custom Puzz3D:

For my sister's Christmas present this year, I made her a custom Puzz3D of the caboose in our backyard. This has been a work in progress since the summer, which is when I took the photos that appear on the final puzzle. I went through a pretty long process getting everything to fit together correctly, so I might make a separate blog post detailing all of that in the future.

Moaning Myrtles Merchandise:

I already wrote a blog post about the designs of the new merchandise for The Moaning Myrtles, but I added photos of the actual products that give a more complete look at what the designs look like in the real world.

Thanks again for reading. If you find a broken link or an image that doesn't work, please let me know either in a comment here or an email. And even if everything is working perfectly (cross your fingers), any comments are always appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. That is really ridiculously cool stuff! Hopefully by the time I'm done blogging, I can have a demo of my musical to show for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work, Karen. I don't comment often, but I always enjoy your blog posts.

    :)

    ReplyDelete