Monday, November 30, 2009

"Take Me Home" EP Cover





Here is the cover I just finished (this morning, actually) for Paul (songsfrompaul)'s new EP Take Me Home, which can be downloaded for free at http://tinyurl.com/TakeMeHomeEP. Paul wanted the imagery to feature a man walking away in the rain, and I decided that using watercolors as the medium would compliment his music style well. I went through lots of paper just dripping the watercolors down in different patterns, and then pieced it together in Photoshop. I had some trouble deciding on how to handle the title, since no typeface seemed to match the organic quality of the rest of the image (I tried to get Futura to work, but it just wasn't happening), so I ended up writing it with a calligraphy pen and scanning it in. It was a fun project, and I'm happy to have worked with such a talented musician as Paul.

2 comments:

  1. I already know that the rest of the music world is mad with jealousy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know you can create short urls with OUO and make cash for every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete